It is that time of year again, Prom. And while I am sure many of you internet junkies have wonderful nights planned with your SO, I have compiled another option. For those of you who are too lazy/cheap/uninterested/unable/traumatized or even forgetful to go to Prom this year, fear not. The following is a list of movies to help you cope/pass the time/drown your sorrows/parade around the house like an idiot in your underwear, while the rest of the world enjoys themselves at Prom.
- Pretty in Pink - A must! even if you hate it (which is impossible).
- Carrie - preferably the original.
- She’s all That - don’t even act like you didn’t like it
- Back to the Future part 1 - The Enchantment Under the Sea, and the guitar solo.
- Mean Girls - I shouldn’t have to explain this one.
- 21 Jump street - As if you need another excuse to watch it, again
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - It sticks with the theme (Yule Ball), and you get to leave the real world for a bit.
- 10 Things I Hate About You - You need some Heath Ledger and The Dark Knight doesn’t fit the theme, sorry.
If there are others, please let me know. But whatever you do DO NOT watch the movie Prom, High School Musical 3, or any such movie. These will make you sad, for you were unable to get the dream prom that Disney had been promising you from childhood. Put these movies out of your mind and watch an action film instead. You will be much happier.
Note: The above does not necessarily mean that I parade around my house in my underwear. I assure you I have more clothes on than that. However, I do recreate scenes from Risky Business, so there’s that.